The Mizuno Wave Prophecy 3 Women’s Running Shoes have landed. Featuring cutting edge design and development, the new Mizuno Prophecy’s will introduce you to a new level of comfort, support and style.
The Wave Prophecy is Mizuno’s top of the range running shoe built for neutral runners, with the ability to also cater for runners with very slight pronation.
U4ic Midsole Technology
The Mizuno U4iC Wave midsole has been designed to be unlike other shoe technologies. When your foot touches the ground, Wave reduces and redirects impact forces away from the foot. Acting a lot like your car’s suspension, it cushions and keeps your foot centred in the shoe throughout your stride. Mizuno are gearing different shoes to fit the unique stride of different runners, through the development of multiple wave shapes. So if its a local jog or running past the 20 mile marker, Wave will always feel amazing underfoot.
The ultimate Infinity Wave features two parallel plates that sit together with soft cushioning pillars, providing an unrivalled cushioning by absorbing and dispersing the impact at foot strike and springing back the energy through to toe off. Coupled with the introduction of Mizuno’s SmoothRide technology, designed to minimise the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot through reducing shock and increasing flexibility, this running shoe leaves the runner with one harmonious and dynamic ride.
A new and improved lightweight resilient base provides an extra element of maximum responsiveness with every foot strike.
Developed by the revolutionary Sozo Studio. Extensive high speed video analysis showed how shoes distort in the forefoot area during the gait cycle resulting in loss of dynamic toe off fit. By applying a new fitting stretched mesh material in the vamp, this application provides the runner with a more secured and comforted foot during the toe off.
In addition to delivering the obvious ride enhancements that are immediately apparent, the Prophecy’s Wave system will go on delivering outstanding cushioning for much longer than traditional foam midsoles which often compress over time and lose their elasticity, cushioning and support. – Mizuno
- ** NEW ** U4ic – Midsole cushioning compound which maintains lightweight effective cushioning through the cycle, and is 30% lighter than the previous AP+ midsole technology.
- ** UPDATED ** Lighter in Weight: 290g, 10g lighter than the 2nd generation of Wave Prophecy.
- DYNAMOTION FIT – Dynamotion Fit is all about creating a shoe that works with the skin and muscles of the foot. Stretching where necessary, supporting where needed, and generally matching the movement of the foot for a really harmonious fit.
- Enhanced Fit Technology – That works with your foot to provide the optimum fit throughout the gait cycle
- SmoothRide Engineered – Combination solid rubber/blown rubber forefoot outsole design for cushioning, durability and flexibility.
- VS-1 – Absorbs shock and enhances cushioning properties by resisting compression – set, thus extending the cushioning life of running shoes.
- Mizuno Full Length Infinity Wave Technology – The wave plate provides excellent cushioning by dispersing the force of impact across a larger surface.
- Mizuno Intercool – Keep your feet cool and dry at all times by incorporating full length ventilation system in the sole which removes heat and humidity.
- Durable Carbon Rubber – Allows for longer wear in high impact areas and supplements traction at heel strike.
- X10 – The most durable carbon rubber compound which is specifically placed in abbrasion areas and also adds to traction and grip
- Gender Engineering – Based on biomechanical research into the differences mens and womens gait. Mizuno constructs the midsole/outsole of each gender differently to improve the ride, performance and comfort.
The Mizuno Women’s Wave Prophecy 3 is Mizuno’s top of the range running shoe and represents the very pinnacle of the brand’s technology and design. Engineered for runners demanding outstanding performance and seeking the most responsive cushioned ride available, the feeling of the Wave Prophecy is totally unique and expected to inspire interest amongst runners all over the world.
How does the Wave work?
Two full length moulded Waves replace the traditional moulded EVA midsole, allowing the wearer to really feel the full dynamic effect of Mizuno’s Wave technology with optimal cushioned comfort and heightened responsive energy return. This is achieved by the design of integrating two Waves connected by cushioning pillars. When the heel hits the ground the Wave starts the cushioning process by dispersing the energy through the entire full length plates and then in one harmonious single movement, springs back an unparalleled responsive energy return into the forefoot area for a smooth transitional toe off.